In Part 1 of our blogs dedicated to certified organic tea tree oil, Tara Luca from Olive Gap Organic Farm shared her top tips for use of this wonderful eco-warrior in the household.
Here are Tara's tips for using Olive Gap Organic Farm's certified organic tea tree oil as part of your beauty & body treatment. Tea Tree is used for the treatment of acne, eczema, psoriasis & more.
*Some people can be sensitive to Tea Tree, so always spot test skin before use.
Part 2: Beauty & Body Treatments
- FACE MASK: Combine 1 tablespoon on bentonite clay, a squirt of aloe gel and 2-4 drops of tea tree. Apply to the face and wash off after about 10 min. You can also add this same mix to problem acne at night and leave on overnight.
- FACE WASH: Add a couple of drops to any face wash you already have to aid acne.
- FACE EXFOLIATOR: Combine 1/2 cup organic coconut oil, 1/4 cup sugar and 10 drops organic tea tree essential oil.
- FACIAL STEAM: Add 4-6 drops into a bowl of hot water for a facial steam before a scrub or mask to open pores and cleanse the skin.
- FACE EXFOLIATOR 2: In asmall bowl mix together ground oats, lemon juice, honey, and tea tree oil. Apply to face to create a Leave on the skin for 10-15 minutes. Remove with cold water and a washcloth
- ACNE: Apply it neat to pimples and blackheads (test skin first).
- DEODORANT: Combine 3 Tbsp of coconut oil with 3 Tbsp Shea Butter, ¼ cup Arrowroot starch/flour and 1 ½ cup baking soda. Mix into a paste and apply to the underarms to reduce sweat and deodorize.
- DANDRUFF: Add 3-4 drops to your regular shampoo and conditioner to treat dandruff. Leave on for a few mins to allow to sink if necessary. Tea tree is known to leave the hair shinier and improve scalp health.
- INGROWN HAIRS: Add 2-3 drops to a moisturizer or carrier oil to use as a post-shaving treatment to prevent ingrown hairs. If ingrown hairs have occurred, apply neat to the area.